I seriously worry about myself sometimes. In my crusade to do my very best to rebuild relationship between farmers and the community I tend to make myself accessible to everyone and wow have I had my brain picked dry in the last two weeks.
Let me show you what I mean
Today I consented to do this interview
1. What do you envisage that farming will be like in Australia in the next 10-20 years?
2. Specifically, what vision do you have for your farm?
3. What is your interpretation of sustainable development and sustainable farming?
4. What sustainable practices are used on your farm?
5. What prompted the decision to adopt sustainable practices, to make changes?
6. Are the changes driven by individual’s choices and responsibility or driven by external factors, such as imposed by government guidelines?
7. From your perspective, what do you believe has been the major role of farmers in embracing the challenge of sustainable development?
8. How well do you believe farmers have filled this role? (please give an example)
9. Agenda 21 outlines several measures by which society, governments and international bodies can help strengthen the role of farmers as partners for sustainable development.
10. In your view, to what level do you believe society and the government in Australia has aided farmers in strengthening their role? (example?)
11. Do you believe that farmers have been provided adequate opportunity to participate in the design, implementation and review of Australian sustainable development practice?
12. What has aided or hindered this participation? (example?)
13. From your perspective, what do you believe are the main priorities for sustainable development in Australia? Globally?
14. What do you believe are the major challenges currently facing farmers in terms of their participation in sustainable development implementation both within Australia and internationally?
15. In what areas do you think Australia can report progress towards sustainable development over the period 2002 – 2013?
16. How has the role of farmers changed in the last 10 years?
17. What impact do you think the Rio +20 earth summit in 2012 has had on sustainable practice?
Yesterday it was these
1. Tell me about your thoughts/reactions to climate change?
2. What do you understand by the term “climate adaptation”?
3. What do you understand by term “GHG mitigation”?
4. Tell me about any experiences have you had with either climate adaptation/mitigation actions?
5. Are you aware of where the two have interacted or overlapped in some way?
6. When deciding what actions you will take/implement in response to climate change what considerations influence your decisions
7. What helps you to prioritise your choices?
8. Reflecting on those types of decisions – are you able to provide me of an example of a successful activity/ action that you implemented which may have involved both an adaptation and a mitigation action?
9. What benefits were involved? (refer to outcomes)
10. What elements made it successful? (refer to implementation or design)
11. Were there any incentives provided key to your decision of undertaking the initiatives in this example?
12. Are there elements of this example that could be transferred to other sectors/industries? To what extent?
13. Conversely, are you able to provide me of an example of an activity/ action that you implemented which may have involved both an adaptation and a mitigation action which was not so successful?
14. What made it negative?
15. What were the unintended impacts? (refer to outcomes)
16. What elements contributed to this outcome? (refer to implementation or design)
17. Where there any incentives provided key to your decision of undertaking the initiatives in this example?
18. Are there lesson to be learned from this example that could be useful to other sectors/industries? To what extent?
Trust me every night I go to bed and thank DR Google and promise myself tomorrow I am going to get a life. Tonight I will ask Dr Google to write me this prescription. The question is will I take the medicine
BTW Just to prove my point there seems no limit to my areas of expertise LOL
For non twitterers read from the bottom up and please contact Meggie if you can help her I admit defeat on that one